Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Satisfaction" what a feeling!!! written in may 2014

I have been working  for weeks for the mother's day fair at the gallery...it was really hard because I had to plan everything, make the card (receive and compilate pictures of  25 participant with diferent things), create the event on facebook, print and invite people, lets not forget try to accomodate and answer all the guests and participants questions....plus work on my own stuff.
But I did it anyway, I finished all I had planned to present..Super woman Annick...hahahah

I'm totally in love with boxes...Any, actually even cardboard boxes...it is really, really hard for me to trow them away. When its my birthday I get all excited about the gifts boxs i'm going to receive...it's so inspiring...I decided to make jewelry boxes.What woman doesn't like jewelry, this would be the perfect mother's day gift.
I designed a shadow box that an artisan made for me in precious cedar wood and I hand painted the insides. For once the mesures I gave where respected and the boxes were very well made. Satisfation what a great feeling...i didn't sleep much for a couple of days, I was on fast forward the whole week. But im very happy I pushed myself, I though about not participating a couple of times.The work load was heavy. Now its gone and im left with this intense feeling of joy and excitement, the same one i get when i exhibit my work.The encouragement and "positive" feedback and critics gives me energy to create.These events are very important, i get to meet new people, update the ones i already know and make "My Name".
I'm so gratefull it went well.
  




No comments: